16528 127th Avenue Court East
Puyallup, WA 98374
Edgerton Elementary School opened in September 2007 and was dedicated a month later in October. The school is located on approximately 12 acres and the only school in the district with site access exclusively via private roads.
The school was named after George W. Edgerton, a founding father of Puyallup, who served as a civic and business leader in the community. He was one of the 71 people who signed a petition to incorporate Puyallup in 1890 and was the last survivor of the group. His list of civic contributions is lengthy, including founder and director of Citizen's State Bank for 46 years, a founder and director of the Western Washington Fair, and a member of the Puyallup School Board for 24 years.
Edgerton Elementary was a state matched project with the local funds coming from the 2004 Bond Issue. The project architect was BLRB Architects from Tacoma, Washington, and the general contractor was Neeley Construction from Puyallup, Washington.
The school includes twenty-four (24) general classrooms, twelve (12) small group project rooms, three (3) kindergarten classrooms, two (2) music classrooms, three (3) specialty classrooms together with a library, technology lab, stage and gymnasium program areas.
The building will become eligible for state matching funds for modernization or new construction in lieu of modernization in the year 2037.